Why I do what I do
I believe in helping people to become a better version of themselves. Whether it is about teamwork, using your character strengths, appreciating what you’ve got – I believe in growth. This is why I work with positive psychology – the theory of using your talents, developing yourself and enhance your well being.
What I do
I put my philosophy to practice in my work: training, coaching, doing workshops for personal and organisational development and teaching about positive psychology.
How I work
I work with a variety of techniques, all based firmly in science and practice. Nothing as practical as a good theory, as Kurt Lewin used to say. Techniques I often use include: appreciative inquiry; mindfulness; psychological capital; character strengths; broaden & build theory; growth mindset and self determination theory.
Contact: email@example.com or (0031) 06 – 42 58 28 32.
I write blogs about organizations, positive psychology and mindfulness.
- A question isn’t just a question (English, on Appreciative Inquiry)
- How to manage your over-controlling manager (English, tips for a less controlling management style)
- Stop reacting. Act. (English, on group think and mindful decision making)
- 4 steps to deal positively with stress (English, tips on using your psychological capital)
- 4 steps to deal positively with stress
- Burning passion. No action. (English, on getting started with your passion)
- Don’t blame the weatherman for the rain (English, a thought about blaming others)
- Three steps to a positive work culture (English, Appreciative Inquiry in organizations)
- You can’t always get what you want (English, Positive Psychology)
- Learning organizations? Make mistakes! (English, learning organizations)
- Team Jobcraft Canvas 1.0 (English, job crafting with a team)
- The anxiety disorder of organizations (English, over-controlling management styles)
- Lead positive, get better results (English, positive leadership)
- Motivate yourself. And your team. (English, intrinsic motivation)
- The meeting is over (English, on creating positive and constructive, self-organized meetings)
- Know thyself and work better (English, Mindfulness Based Strengths Practice)
- PsyCap: paving the way for hope, optimism, self-efficacy and resilience in the workplace (English, Psychological Capital, on Positive psychology program, 05-2016)